Who We Are
teachnlearn is an online tutoring marketplace offering students and tutors an interactive online classroom with collaborative tools to enhance learning. Our ultimate goal is to provide the best tutoring experience for our community and integrate technology to enhance learning.
Data We Receive or Collect
Upon registering with teachnlearn and when using the Platform, we collect some Personal Information about you such as the following:
- Your name, email address and contact information
- A unique password that is required for accessing your account
- Other optional information
- Payment information (credit card information) if you choose to use the services through our platform.
Cookies & Other Technology
When you visit our Platform, we may place “cookies” on your computer to recognize you. Cookies are commonly used and most web browsers are configured by default to accept cookies automatically. We do this to store your preferences, collect statistical data and track your use of our Platform. If you choose not to accept cookies, you may adjust and configure your browser settings accordingly. Note that by switching off cookies, or by not accepting cookie request, some features and services on the Platform may not function optimally. It is a common practise to place cookies on your computer to track your activities so that companies can display accurate targeted advertisements.
When We May Disclose Personal Information
- when you explicitly consent to the disclosure of such information to a third-party when connecting to a third-party service that request for you to consent to such sharing;
- when we are legally required to do so, in response any to legal proceeding, to establish, protect, exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims or demands.
- if we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, fraud or situations involving potential threats to the rights, property or personal safety of any person or any activity that involve abuse of the Platform infrastructure or the Internet in general (such as voluminous spamming, denial of service attacks and attempts to compromise the security of the Website infrastructure or the Platform in general);
- to a parent company, subsidiaries, joint ventures or other companies under common control with teach-n-learn;
- if this information is not private, is aggregated or is otherwise non-Personal Information, such as your public user profile information and related public data or the number of users who clicked on a particular link.
Safeguarding Your Information
We ensure our customers that appropriate security safeguards are in place to protect personal information against unauthorised access, misuse, disclosure, copying, use, alteration, accidental loss or theft and destruction or damage. We store all the personal information you provide on our secured (password-protected and firewall-protected) servers. All electronic financial transactions entered into our website will be protected by encryption technology. By using the Platform, you acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure. Hence, we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. It is your responsibility to safekeep your password for our website. Special Care for Children: Our Platform is for public use and it is general-audience in nature. It is not intended for individuals younger than the age of thirteen (13) unless with parental consent and supervision.
Respecting Your Rights
We allow our customers the right to access to their personal information. Customers can have access to their personal information by using their respective username and password. This may be subject to a charge permitted by applicable law. You can also seek assistance from us to correct or erase that information. Please note that certain Personal Information may be need to be retained by teachnlearn for a period of time following the cancellation of your account where this is necessary for business purposes or required or authorised by applicable law. As mentioned above, you have a right to change to your preferred email associated to your account at any time. If your personal information related to the Platform usage changes or if you no longer desire to use us the Platform, you may correct, update or remove your personal data at the member information page or by emailing our Team.
Last Updated: 1 September 2018